Comms Meeting Minutes, 02272021 (via ZOOM)
Attendance: Ida L, Harlijk M, Mike P, Kerhl R, Mila P, Celine M, Angie R,
Call to Order: 4:00 PM
I. Virtual Interview – Lead = Mike P
- Mike will put together a brief on the Virtual Interview Project.
- Platform: StreamYard
Just send a link to the interviewees and they don’t have to download it.
Free version, but to have more $25.00/month and 10 participants, and branding.
- We will invite individuals who represent their respective groups.
Start with the people who were at the launch.
Book a time for their time to talk.
Pre-made questions will be given ahead of time.
Practice / rehearse ahead of time. Tech run also needed.
Ask for any video clips, photos, etc from their organization.
They can promote any of social media handles or websites.
During the interview, tie into how EPIC can support them and talk a bit about EPIC’s plans or goals that relate to the interview.
- Interviews should be a maximum of 15 minutes long.
- 3 co-hosts that are coming from different backgrounds.
Possibly someone who knows the interviewee, and someone who completely doesn’t know.
Possibly someone who knows Tagalog, one who does not but can still engage.
- Have it recorded for Mike to edit later (make it more appealing in the final post).
- To be posted on YouTube once edited.
- For branding, we will need to “choose” ambassadors for EPIC who can be the face of the organization.
- First interview = EPIC itself?
- Videos are to be released on a bi-weekly basis to retain attention.
- Start date = Mid-March
- Communications team to reach out to their contacts to see if anyone is interested in participating.
II. Philippine Heritage Month Finale Event – Lead = Harlijk and Ida
- Plan for June 27th (June 26th was taken).
- Video performances can be created ahead of the release date.
- We can “livestream”, but we will pre-set pre-recorded videos.
- A storyboard will need to be created in order to determine the flow of the event.
- 12-hour event, but a schedule will be released ahead of time so that viewers know when performances are occurring.
Live game (for audience interaction)
Specific segment for children (eg. Learn a craft, storytelling)
- Editing in Premiere Pro by Ida and Mike
III. Vehicle Train – Lead = Kehrl
- June 5th
- Last year, organizing was easy but managing restrictions was difficult.
- Plan as if the same restrictions are in place as last year.
- 1 month before to promote (registration was quick after announcement)
Shooting for 50 cars
We should follow the 1 route
- To sell EPIC masks, it would be roughly $10 - $15 each.
- Use the same materials last year, but update the illustration (Mike)
IV. Loonie a Month
- Still need a tagline for this campaign.
- Donors do not have to just pay $1.00 a month. They can donate $12.00 for the year or more.
- Have to word it in a way that lets donors know they are making an investment.
V. EPIC’s Social Media
- Releases social media in a timely manner using Hootsuite.
- Currently EPIC has a Facebook and Instagram account.
- A YouTube page will be made to house our interviews in the future (Kehrl)
- Hashtags can be created by EPIC to be used by our organization and by other groups who want to promote us as well (Kehrl)
Current tagline: The Filipino Spirit Shines Within
Sense of home or community and belonging
Wanting to bring the Philippines to Edmonton for those who miss home
“EPIC ka ba?”, “EPIC ako!”
Meeting Adjourned: 5:18pm